groooaaaan. she has an album.

This is the first time I've ever posted on this blog about my deep distaste for Hello Kitty, but I was browsing iTunes today and happened upon this monstrosity of an album that was released recently.



There are only a few things that I actually hate on, to be honest. But these are for good reason: roaches (they're gross), boiled cauliflower (also gross), and Maggie Gyllenhaal's smirk of a smile. You know, shallow things of that nature.

However, as far as Hello Kitty goes, she's been on my bad list ever since my elementary school days. Shopping at the Sanrio store in Hawaii was a rare treat, but I remember clearly how my beloved Pochacco was slowly being replaced by his cuddly kitten counterpart.

My middle school years were no better, especially when we moved to Japan. She was everywhere. Her face was plastered on vaccuum cleaners, coffee makers, trains...

And now she's got her own album. Heaven help us. Is no method of marketing safe?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hater

KATHY LECHUGA said...

I love to read your hate! :-)